“simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Leonardo da Vinci

“simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Leonardo da Vinci


Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Healthy Breakfast

Good Morning Everyone!  So, you all know, or will after this post, that I love to be healthy.  I love eating healthy, exercising, and taking care of all aspects of my life.  I'm sure many of you have heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I think for many, this is the meal they don't get, or skimp on the most.  So, I just wanted to show you how 10 minutes can make you a very healthy and easy breakfast.  Here we go.  Protein is critical for feeding our muscle.  I am making one of may favorite breakfasts.  A vegetable and turkey omelet.  With this omelet you get your lean protein, vegetables and even a little dairy.  First, choose what you want to go in your omelet.  I have peppers, tomatoes, and smoked turkey breast, and a little cilantro.  (another favorite of mine is tomatoes, onions, spinach and avocado) Chop everything up and your ready.


I use two eggs when making one just for me, one whole egg and one egg white. Crack them into a dish and then add about 2 Tbls milk and some salt and pepper to taste.  Whisk it up well and pour in a greased skillet.
I always heat my pan up about 30 seconds before I add my egg mixture.  Cook on medium low to medium heat until the egg mixture is no longer runny (maybe a minute or so), then add all your filling.  Put most on one side of the egg.
 Cook  about 30 seconds and then sprinkle a little lowfat cheese (if desired)  I like how it holds everything together.
 Now, you are ready to fold half the egg over the rest (fold the side without the filling)


Don't worry if it kind of falls apart, it will still taste the same.  Now, I just let this melt the cheese about another 30 seconds and Walla, that's it.  You're ready to slide it on your plate. (That's what I do is slide it from my skillet to my plate.  I sprinkled a little cilantro on the top for color and taste!
I usually have mine with some fresh fruit or a slice of whole grain toast!  Yum!  Now go take care of yourself and eat a healthy breakfast!

Kimarie

No comments:

Post a Comment