“simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Leonardo da Vinci

“simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Leonardo da Vinci


Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Old Soda Pop Crates

Can I just Say I love these old looking Crates for Decorating!
I think they add just the right touch to any room, and they were easy to make.
Step 1: I used 1x4's and cut 2 boards 10 inches long for the ends and cut 2 boards 18 inches long for the sides. ( You can cut and make these an size you wish).


Step 2: I used a staple gun and stapled all four boards together.
Step 3: Now I cut 3 more boards 18 inches long to make 3 slats in the bottom of the crate.

Step 4: I used my router to make handles in the side boards.

Step 5: Choose you paint color and paint, (I used red for this one.)

Step 6: I used a Coca-Cola stencil for this one.... (I love how it turned out)

Step 7: I love the old metal look on Crates, so I went to the plumbing section in Home Depot and bought a role of plumbers tape for $2.50, it was a little shinny so I soaked it over night in salt water. The next morning I nailed it on with roofing nails and smeared a little red paint on it, to make it look older, I sanded and scuffed the crate up to give it that antique look...... LOVE IT!!!!!!

AHHHHH
Step 8: I liked it so much I made a couple more!!!!!!!

1 comment: