“simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Leonardo da Vinci

“simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Leonardo da Vinci


Thursday, April 7, 2011

Easy Serving Dishes

Okay, so every time I host a party or event, I am always wishing I had more serving dishes/cake stands.  I finally decided that I did not have to go and buy one.  I would just make my own.  These were so easy. I just can't believe it took me this long to think about making my own.  Now it's your turn. So, go to the Dollar Store, the Thrift Store, or just look around your home.  Your sure to find plates, chargers, candlesticks, and/or a small vase.  You could even use sundae cups or martini glasses.  The options are limitless and you can create an item to fit your personality.  You could even paint them fun spring colors!  (If you do this be sure to use a spray paint that states it can be used on glass).


My first creation is basic, but from things I just had around my home.  A candle stick and a plain glass plate.  All I did was glue it together with super glue.  Just make sure you get your candlestick completely centered, because once it's glued, it's glued.!  Besides you don't want a smear of glue showing.







Next, I found this cute little vase at Good Will for $1.99 and the plate is from the Dollar Store for $.99. 






Final, I had some old charges sitting in my cabinet (I don't know why I still had this one it had a stain from a candle)  Oh well, now no one will know.  I found this chunky candle stick at Good Will for $.99 and I already had black Krylon spray paint.  Super Easy.  I did rough up the base a little.  I always love the antique look.





Walla!! That's it.  Literally this only takes a couple of minutes once you have the items to put together.  Just remember to let the glue really set up before use.

Kimarie

No comments:

Post a Comment