“simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Leonardo da Vinci

“simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Leonardo da Vinci


Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls

Okay Seriously,  the recipe states that this is the cinnabon clone, but did I really believe it?  I knew they would taste scrumptious, because quite honestly, what dough filled with cinnamon, butter and sugar and topped with cream cheese frosting wouldn't?  However, I have to be honest with you!  This is hands down the closest recipe to cinnabons that I have ever tasted.  And as long as we're being honest.  I have eaten umm... at least six myself.  No, not in just a day, over the weekend.  But, packing over 400 calories a roll, that still can't be a good thing.  So, I'm just warning you all now...you will not be able to stop at just one (unless that is, you have much more self control than I do).  So, here is the recipe I found at Allrecipes.com (love that site)  Check it out:  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Clone-of-a-Cinnabon/Detail.aspx  Okay, now this recipe is for a bread machine, but don't worry if you don't have one, I don't either.  This is how I did it.  Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl or mixer.  I used my kitchen aid.  Mix in the sugar, margarine, salt, and eggs. Add flour and mix well.  Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Put in a bowl or leave it in the bowl you mixed it in, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until doubled in size. Then pick up with rolling out the dough. Yum!!

Roll out the dough and spread with butter.  Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture all over.


I use a double strand of thread to cut the rolls, works much better than a knife and besides, this is how I was taught by my mom!
I dip the bottom of the roll in a little flour before I place it in the pan.  This helps prevent the buttery sugar from all flowing out of the rolls.




My mouth is watering again just typing this and adding the pictures, good thing they are all gone!  You've got to try these.  Believe me, your family will love them (you will too!)  Besides, there is nothing better than the smell of fresh baked cinnamon rolls dripping with cream cheese frosting!  My little Avery was the hit of the neighborhood as she took hot cinnamon rolls out to share with all the little neighbor kids.  Oh, and just FYI I doubled the recipe.  I knew that I wanted to have plenty to share (and eat myself)  Enjoy!!!!

Simple Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment