“simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Leonardo da Vinci

“simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Leonardo da Vinci


Saturday, May 7, 2011

Storage Cabinet

My Kitchen lacks cabinet space, or I just have to much junk.... Anyways I'm always cramming stuff in cabinets and drawers until they are totally full, Soooo last summer while yard selling I came across this cabinet, it was kinda plain but I saw storage potential and also knew with a little paint it could look a lot better (did I mention it was also only $5.00) yeah!!!
(Here is what it originally looked like before I painted it and added chicken wire to the door fronts).



The first thing I had to do was remove the inner panels on the doors.  I drilled a small hole in the door and used a jigsaw to cut the panels out. 


After the doors were cut, I removed the doors and painted them and the cabinet.  I then sanded and distressed them.



Next I added chicken wire and burlap to the doors.



I also added a couple of shelves to the cabinet to hold more of my junk.  Ha ha!! 


Here it is all finished, I love it !!!!!!
Have a great day,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment